Thursday, December 19, 2013

Winter Layout

Winter Fun!

Today I'm back with a fun Winter scrapbook layout of my two favorite subjects in the whole world! My kids! These pictures were taken about 2 weeks ago, when the winter storm hit Dallas. 

It was the best and worst thing. The best, because there was no school and I got to enjoy my cuties! The worst is because Dallas is not prepared for snow causing everything to shut down and or close, so we came dangerously close to running out of food!

But with the winter white background I decided to get pictures of my snow bunnies. And may i say, that they look mighty cute?

When I saw the pictures I knew i had to create something with them!


And this is what I came up with. Snow, trees, blues and reds. I used Carta Bella's 'Winter Fun' collection. It was perfect for this layout!

I layered white on white cardstock as I wanted to mimic snow and the whiteness and brightness of the pictures, but it looked too plain when it was layered. So, what I did was emboss the letter size cardstock on the eBosser and used the 'Delicate Dots' embossing folder to bring texture to the layout and create the illusion of "falling snow".


Also, I used scraps of this collection, because I had scraps. I used the strips of some of my leftover papers and just created a frame around the embossed sheet. 


Check out the crisp embossing! It's gorgeous! I tied the dots on the trees with the texture to make it all come together.


I did have a ton of stickers from the collection, which really was nice to add to the layout, because my handwriting is awful!

I hope you liked my project! I love it when things come together so nicely, when not planned. I knew those picture where beautiful but I had no plans of scrapbooking them, so it was nice to now have this immortalized in a scrapbook page.

Jazmin

0 comments

Post a Comment