Saturday, July 14, 2012

PUT.A.BIRD.ON.IT!


Baby Card

Hi everyone! I'm back from my MIA status! I have been really busy with work, as we are literally days away from the release of the amazing eBosser!

The eBosser is amazing! I have worked with it in the past, for CHA demos and I too, am like the rest of the crafters and have been counting down the days!!!!!!

This is the machine you need to own! For some reason I have never cared too much for embossing, but after working with it at the 2012 Winter Show in January, I was a changed woman! I was like, can I buy it?! Can I take this demo machine home?! Of course, the answer was a big; NO! but I'm on the waiting list for it, and will soon arrive!!!!

In the mean time, I have been busy creating simple, yet elegant cards for any occasion.

Last night, I created this little bird card. I did it with the intention of keeping it for a Thank you card, but I remebered that I had a baby shower to attend to, and it fit the bill.

I like making cards ahead of time, so that I can whip them out in a moments notice, and since I have been obsessed with Dear Lizzy's Neapolitan line, I just knew I had to create with it!

I got the little stack of paper (the mini book) and used the Chevron pattern to cut a little 'doily' with my eCraft. Then I cut a frame with the gray polkadot paper to frame the sweet bird. I topped the bird with a little eye pearl, and used 3D dots to raise the bird and frame to make it a focal point.

All the images on this cards are from the Jen Allyson's SD card or can be purchased individually at eCraft Central. All of my cards are created with the eCraft of course!




I love how simple, yet elegant it looks. Very easy, and fast to create!


Here is a close up of the bird with the pearl eye. It looks very sweet! I used my Xyron 9"Creative Station to glue the doily to the card in perfect seemless fashion. Love it!


Oh, and speaking of Birds.. Are you all familiar with the bird joke from the TV show Portandia?! If not, watch this:

That video fit me like a glove! I'm soooo into birds right now, my husband says the house is starting to look like a bird nature reserve!

I hope you liked my little card! I promise to post more projects! Hopefully with the eBosser!!!!


xoXo,

Jazmin

0 comments

Post a Comment